By God's Grace, We Are Going Back to Nigeria.
We have decided to accept Bro. Shobanke's invitation to preach the Dedication Service of the new branch of Christ Ambassadors Holiness Church on Osara Rd. in Abeokuta. We plan to fly out of Pensacola, Florida on Thursday October 31st and then arrive back in Pensacola Tuesday November 5th.
The Dedication Service will be on Saturday November 2nd and then we will preaching in Bro. Shobanke's main church branch on Sunday. It will be a quick trip but we are excited to be a part of such a great day. We are expecting God to cover His people and their new church that day with an outpouring of the Holy Ghost. It should be one of the high points of our lives!
The new church was finished about three weeks ago. You can read more about its beginning on this recent post.
I made the final decision last Wednesday to try to go in spite of the impossibility of it. The next day we began to see evidence that the Lord was preparing the way for us. I could see nothing but a wall of impossibility before the decision. Once the determination was made in faith the wall began to fall.
It sure seems like that has happened to us pretty often the last few years. The Lord is trying to teach us how to walk by faith and NOT by site. It is a lesson that I believe I have learned very, very well until I need to put it in to practice in yet another difficult situation.
Then I find myself wringing my hands and staying up at night until I decide that the proper thing to do is walk ahead in spite of the circumstances I can see. Before I know it the Lord has opened up the way and faith becomes reality. Thank God that He is patient with me.
Wednesday night after church and Thursday afternoon I waded through all the Visa stuff with the Nigerian embassy. It seems like it gets more complicated and more expensive every time. I finished all the online stuff and then printed it all out, organized all the other documentation and sent it overnight Thursday evening.
After filling all the stuff out and sending it in you then have to hand deliver it to the Nigerian embassy in Washington. Since that is impractical for most folks there are companies that do it for you, for a fee of course. The company we use in Washington DC received it Friday morning. They will process it through the Nigerian embassy and we should know if the Visas have been issued early next week.
After we receive word on the Visas we will purchase the tickets. They have been fluctuating between $1000 and $1200 a piece so I wish I could buy when I see them dip down. I need to know the Visa is approved before I buy though so I will wait.
Thank you for praying for us. There are many other things that need to fall into place so please continue to ask God to help us. God bless you all.