Monday, March 9, 2020

Saturday In Sydney

We had a day set aside for trip recovery before we begin the vacation leg of our trip. Getting our days and night straightened out with the 16 hour difference was our main goal for the day. When Saturday morning finally arrived in Sydney, Australia, we ate breakfast at the buffet in the restaurant downstairs.

Then we set out walking.

This is a subway platform nearest our hotel, about a 1/2 mile walk.

This is an oddity that I had never seen before, double-decker subway trains. It is one level at the point of entry and then like a split level home the length of the car.

We exited the train in the downtown area and spent a couple hours exploring. This is the cruise port. A Royal Carribbean ship was in port Saturday.

Guess who we ran into in Sydney, Australia. Can you believe it? Bruce and Priscilla Mayhan along with two other couples that we will introduce to you later. 

We knew the Mayhans would be here, but we did not expect to see them until Sunday. Saturday's meeting was completely by chance. We were walking along the pier in a city of 5.25+ million people. Bro. Bruce and Sis. Priscilla saw us while they were boarding a harbor boat and hollered at us. So cool.

Then we walked over to look at the famous Sydney Opera House.

Then we caught a train, navigated a train change at another huge station and caught the train to the street of our hotel. While walking the 1/2 mile or so to the hotel we stopped for a bite to eat.

Wow! Beef Kebob roll! Delicious!

I posted this picture Friday asking, "What is wrong with this picture? Did you get it?

Some got it right on. A car next to the sidewalk is always facing the other direction in the USA. They drive on the wrong side of the road in Australia. Bro. Frankie also pointed out the big rack on the yellow car, probably for surfboards. We have seen plenty of surfboards in Sydney.

Any idea what this sign is telling me to do?

After our early dinner, we limped back to the hotel and tried to stay as busy as possible so that we could avoid going to sleep until bedtime. We were mostly successful. We lasted until 10:30 PM and I slept until daylight with only 90 minutes or so of an awake period in the middle of the night.

That wraps up our Saturday in Sydney. Thank you for joining us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of an enormous amount of spam all comments will require word verification and will be moderated. They may not be visible for a few minutes. We love it when you participate in the conversation. Thanks for leaving a comment!