Monday, July 27, 2020

What's Up, Weekend? 7/27/2020

We made some tracks this weekend and rolled the wheels a bunch of miles, but it all started in Wichita, Kansas. Friday night was the final night of our revival at Bethany Revival Center. We enjoyed the final service of the meeting.

It was wonderful to be with Pastor John DiZazzo and his family and his congregation. We look forward to going back soon.

After church, we loaded our equipment into the bus and visited with Bro. and Sis. DiZazzo, Steve and Karen, Sis. Esther and Bro. Charles. We stayed up way too late, but we enjoyed the fellowship.

It sure looks like Karen was doing most of the work loading equipment. At least Kelly Jo gives good directions!

After our late night, we were slow to crank Saturday morning. We did not leave until about 9:05 in the morning.

We drove 537 miles and pulled into a parking spot at Flying J in Effingham, Illinois at 5:40 PM. It was a long day and it felt great to get out from behind the wheel. We rested pretty good overnight and left Effingham about 11:00 AM Sunday.

Everything was moving right along when KJo noticed a wreck on the east side of Indianapolis. We were still a ways out so she was keeping an eye on the red back up on Google Maps. Then a bad red spot popped up on the west side of Indianapolis.

Traffic was not moving much at all in either place and backing up for miles so we pulled into a truck stop for about 90 minutes. The time was not wasted, because the rest was good and the tacos were better!

When the traffic was clear, the bus was rolling again. After 282 miles and a fuel stop, the BoggsMobile pulled into the Lazy OD Ranch about 6:30 PM eastern time.

Odie called Acapulco and after we parked the bus and hooked up the electricity, KJo went to fetch some great salsa and food.

Wow! The food was so wonderful!

Mom and Dad came to see us while we were eating. It was wonderful to see them again, even from a distance.

Before dark, I did the work of the evangelist. I had parked the BoggsMobile outside the barn so Kelly Jo sprayed for ants. She worked for a long while inside while I was loading some pictures and then we went down for a long winter's nap in the middle of summer. It felt good to be home.

I put up a post on Saturday that I hope you were able to read. You can get to it right HERE or see the video version below.

That wraps up the weekend. Thank you for joining us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of an enormous amount of spam all comments will require word verification and will be moderated. They may not be visible for a few minutes. We love it when you participate in the conversation. Thanks for leaving a comment!