Monday, July 25, 2022

The Weekend Dispatch 7/25/22

Friday night was a super great finish to revival at Bethany Revival Center in Wichita, Kansas. Odie captured some great pictures Friday and we have them below. You can see Revival In Pictures HERE.

There were four families that drove a good distance to visit us in revival. Bro. Mitch and Sis. Lynn Boggs, Bro. Jason and Sis. Brittney Fellers, Bro. Bruce and Sis. Priscilla Mayhan and Bro. Larry and Sis. Rosemary Landress. It sure was great to see them all and we are thrilled they made such an effort to come. May God bless them for their friendship toward us.

After church Friday night, several of the men and women helped us carry out and load up our equipment and then we visited with our friends way too late. We hated to go.

We REALLY hated to go Saturday morning, but we needed to roll early to avoid the heat of the day as much as possible. The BoggsMobile was unhooked, turned around and rolling just before daylight. We had a fuel stop and a stop to empty holding tanks and rolled 300 miles in 5.5 hours.

By then it was right at 100 degrees and rising so we stopped at a rest area just before Columbia, Missouri. We rested during the heat of the day and we were cranked and rolling again by 9:00 PM. The traffic along the north side of St. Louis was perfect and we pulled into Bethel Chappel in Granite City after 2.5 hours and 150 miles.

Rest Area

It has been way too long since we visited Bethel Chapel! Pastor David Brimm and his folks received us warmly and made us feel right at home. Bro. Brimm insisted on me preaching and I enjoyed trying!

After lunch and great fellowship, we hit the road again. It was hot, hot, hot in Granite and going over 100 again so I figured it would be too hot to drive far. 

Evidently, Western Illinois was on the edge of the heat map, because the further we drove the cooler it became. The weather was almost perfect. By the time we crossed into Indiana, there was a little rain, but it was not bad. Traffic was heavy and slower because of the rain, but not too bad.

By the time I reached Indianapolis, I was done. As soon as I found a place to pull over, I did!

That wraps up the weekend. Thank you for joining us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of an enormous amount of spam all comments will require word verification and will be moderated. They may not be visible for a few minutes. We love it when you participate in the conversation. Thanks for leaving a comment!