Monday, February 10, 2020

What's Up, Weekend?

Friday was the last day of revival in Livingston, Texas. During the day, I did a little work on the BoggsMobile, pulled the bus into the position to do the work of the evangelist and then pulled it forward and hooked up the Green Machine so that everything would be ready to roll after church.

The final revival service was super great! It was fabulous to watch God work. Wow! God never ceases to amaze my limited human mind. Praise God for His help.

We appreciate Pastor Don Goodwin and his folks for all of their kindness toward us. Odie was able to snap a few final pictures while we were working after church.

After church, several of the men helped us tear down the sound equipment and get it loaded into the BoggsMobile. Because of our preparation earlier in the day, we were able to pull out about 9:40 Friday night. It was a nice clear night with no bad weather and no heavy traffic. The BoggsMobile was ready to roll, so it was a super night to drive.

We went east over to Woodville and then south to I-10 near Beaumont. Once we turned east on I-10, there was nothing to do, but hold onto the steering wheel. Lake Charles can be crowded and Baton Rouge can be a nightmare, but overnight, we crossed through both cities without a problem at all. Wonderful!

Our plan was to stop at Bass Pro east of Baton Rouge in Denham Springs. This is one place that we can normally see the parking before we exit the interstate. All looked clear from the main road and we wiggled our way around to the back parking lot with no problem. The space we park in was open, but there is one thing to note for the future. There were a dozen or two empty boat trailers in that lot. If there were a few more, we could have gotten into a pickle.

Thankfully, there were no pickles Friday night. We stopped about 2:20 AM after 4 hours and 37 minutes and 280 miles.

We went to bed quickly and it was about 3:00 when I fell into dreamland. By 8:00 AM I was wide awake and thinking about the day before me. We were wiggling out of Bass Pro by 8:45 Saturday morning.

I think we only stopped one time on the drive Saturday. There was more traffic during the day, but it was not bad at all. We did spot a couple of nice Marathon conversions headed east on I-10.

After 3 hours and 40 minutes and 221 miles, we were pulling into Bibleway Assembly to unload our sound equipment into the church. We normally park behind the church in their RV spot, but the spot is being used at the moment to deal with an emergency. Pastor Sullivan put us into an RV Park about 15 miles away.

Sunday morning we drove to the church early to set up and get a soundcheck. All of that went smoothly and then we had great Sunday School and a great Sunday morning service. In fact, the whole day was great.

We enjoyed our lunch with fellowship and then right back to church at 5:00 for a terrific service again. We expect five more services as good as Sunday's and even better. Thank you for praying for us.

Odie snapped a few pictures Sunday and here they are.

That wraps up our weekend. Thank you for joining us for a few minutes of your day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of an enormous amount of spam all comments will require word verification and will be moderated. They may not be visible for a few minutes. We love it when you participate in the conversation. Thanks for leaving a comment!