Monday, November 19, 2018

Weekend Woundup and Weview 11/19/2018

We should probably be in the air by the time this post goes live. Please pray for us. I would love for this trip to go smoothly and we want to be effective in ministry. I know that the Lord can order our steps in Nigeria and I would love to be sensitive to His leading. Thank you.
Week Long Review-Condensed Version

My Mom snapped this picture as we were on the road in front of the house this past Tuesday. They were at the house waiting for us to arrive. They had the heat turned up, the house cleaned and open arms. It was good to be home.

Our first evening home we went to Acapulco with family. My sister Theresa joined us on her Birthday. Her husband Jay was working out of town and was unable to come home for the special day. 

That is what she thought. He did come home. He slipped up behind her and kissed her on the cheek and she hit him thinking he was a stranger. It was hilarious. I wish we had a video of it.

I picked up two of our PA speakers in Nashville on our way through Monday. They were damaged earlier this year and Ben Isaacs helped get the problem diagnosed and repaired. I needed to test them before we left town. The electric was out so I set up the tent revival generator outside and we had great music by candlelight!

This was another trip to Acapulco.

All of our preparation to leave was hindered somewhat by an ice storm, cold temperatures and the electricity being off 32 hours, on two hours and then off two more. We sure appreciate all the repair folks working long hours in the cold so we could have power again.

By midnight Friday night, we were finished enough to go to bed. Saturday we were up early and ready to go.

Here we are ready to pull out on Saturday.

Soon our rush toward Tennessee slowed way down. 

South of Cincinnati it took us 18 minutes to go 1 mile because of construction.

There as an accident on the bridge over the Kentucky River near Richmond, Kentucky. That is when our slow progress came to a screeching halt.

That mile cost us 55 minutes. It took us 8 hours and 13 minutes to travel 328 miles. Wow! That was a long day.

Kelly Jo backed into an empty spot at East Tennessee Luxury Coach. 

Soon we were grabbing our first real meal of the day and checking into a hotel on the grounds of the Knoxville airport.

After a good night's rest we went looking for another good meal that would hold us for a day or two. And we found it! 

We found our gate at the Knoxville airport and it looked deserted. No problem, more room for the fat guy.

And my skinny wife.

I am writing this Sunday as we are getting ready to begin our first flight toward Nigeria. We should be there by Monday evening and in Abeokuta Monday night.

As I mentioned yesterday, I am not sure how much we will be able to post while we are in Nigeria. If we can not post, I will try to keep Odie informed and she can pass on the information here.

Thank you for checking in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of an enormous amount of spam all comments will require word verification and will be moderated. They may not be visible for a few minutes. We love it when you participate in the conversation. Thanks for leaving a comment!