Friday, November 16, 2018

And Broke His Crown

Davy fell down and broke his crown. 

Well, that is not exactly true. I never really fell down. I did not actually break my crown either. I guess none of that statement is true.

What in the world?

I was chewing some scrumptious food last week in Locust Grove, Oklahoma and the crown on my one remaining molar fell off. Thankfully it did not break.

As a side note, I did fall down a few nights before the crown fell off while we were in revival in Broken Arrow. I tripped somehow and before I knew what happened, I was laying in the mulch at a restaurant that Friday night after church. The dozen church folks inside did not see me fall, but they did see me laying on my face between the shrubs. 😳😂

The most painful thing about the fall was when about five men came running outside to help me. Some of them RAN to help me and I appreciate that a bunch, but I was pretty embarrassed.

Maybe that fall was the fall that started in all. I may have bitten down real hard as I went down and started the whole crown escapade. I will probably never know. The one thing I do know is that Jill did not come tumbling after. I was the only one to fall.

I went to the dentist Thursday morning and they confirmed that the crown looked intact and reusable. They poked around on the tooth a moment and then glued the crown back on. It is in my best interest to keep it there.

The rest of the day was spent in more preparations to depart for Nigeria. My Dad met me at Odie's house and we finished hooking up and leveling her washer and dryer. I had ran the washer through a rinse and spin cycle Wednesday night, but Dad and I were not able to check everything out once the installation was complete Thursday.

We had no electric. We had freezing rain overnight and into Wednesday morning and it caused limbs to break and electric lines to be broken all over the area. Power went out at Odie's house and at the barn between 4 and 5 AM. As I am writing some of this very late Thursday night, the power is still off.

We finally pulled the BoggsMobile out of the barn about 7:00 PM so that we could run the generator. Steve and Karen helped us do that. They also brought us Acapulco for supper and helped us in preparation for leaving as well.

I snapped a few pictures of some of the ice and snow. Some of our readers in the south love this stuff and can not get enough of it. You can have it all, I say.😀

Please pray for my Mother, Martha Boggs. She is having a health scare that could be serious. Thank you much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of an enormous amount of spam all comments will require word verification and will be moderated. They may not be visible for a few minutes. We love it when you participate in the conversation. Thanks for leaving a comment!