Thursday, April 17, 2014

Odie Update and A Travel Day

Recent Post

I will continue to post updates concerning Odie as long as we need to and we have pertinent information for you. I will also try to add the blog updates and texts we send out to the page where I initially told you about her eye problem. I will post the new updates on the top of the page. That way you can go to one place to read it all if you like. HERE is a link to that page that you can share if you like.

Odie saw Dr. Cindy Smith, the Primary Care Doctor assigned to her in Lebanon, Ohio today. The doctor is trying to order the MRI's. Odie's insurance requires Jumping through a lot of near impossible hoops to obtain preauthorization for an MRI. Dr. Smith is trying to convey the fact that this is a real emergency in order to receive authorization now. The insurance company will not even authorize an MRI through an emergency room visit. A neurologist would have to order it there too. 

All of this is kind of ridiculous but there is not much we can do. Kelly Jo found a place that does the scans the ophthamologist in Paducah wanted and also accepts Odie's obviously limited insurance. They also take cash pay and we are willing to go that route if we need too in order to get the ball rolling. There is a question of whether or not the insurance would accept the scans even if we pay for them since they have not ordered them. The word circus comes to mind again.

Please Pray for a miracle. As far as she can tell Odie says she is about the same. We know that our God is able to heal and IF things slow down a little in the next few days I have several thought percolating that I would like to write down and share with you.

Thankfully we all made it to Ohio safe and sound. Kelly Jo and Odie left after church Tuesday night and arrived about 3 AM. I left Wednesday morning and arrived just before 7 PM. It took me 9 hours to drive 340 miles!

The main reason it took so long was the fact that I was driving 45 mph or less the whole way. When we parked at Faith Church in Salem on Saturday I noticed that one of my tag axle tires had a severe separation in the sidewall near the rim. I did not want to have a blowout.

These tag tires are nearly 6 years old and have over 80,000 miles on them. That is pretty good for a tag axle tire. They were the first tires that I replaced on the BoggsMobile after we bought it and I have been trying to replace them for about 6-8 weeks. I want to buy two new Michelins and put them on the front and then move the front tires to the tag axle. The tires have been back ordered so I have not been able to replace them. 

This tire coming apart adds quite a bit of urgency. Now that we are home, I do have a tire I have kept for emergencies that I can put on in place of this one. I am so thankful I made it home.

One of the other reasons I was so long on the road was a classic Cincinnati traffic jam. Welcome to Ohio! I seriously thought about pulling over on the shoulder and taking a nap to give it time to clear out.

Thank you for all of the calls, comments, texts and emails concerning Odie. You do not know how much it means to us. 

Just for clarification, we have only cancelled one revival. The rest of our schedule remains the same as of now. Our plan is to take it one week at at time.

God bless you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of an enormous amount of spam all comments will require word verification and will be moderated. They may not be visible for a few minutes. We love it when you participate in the conversation. Thanks for leaving a comment!