Friday, February 26, 2021

It Is Time For A Plan, Plan A or Plan B?

I am a plan type of person. I like to know when. I like to know where. And I like to know why. COVID has messed with my plans in a big way. For the second late winter/early spring in a row, the small little coronavirus has thrown a wrench into the works and the gears have ground to a halt.

Both times we have been surprisingly calm about it and that pleases me well. Praise God for His grace and His assurance that He is really in control. He has stayed so near us and kept us.

Like last year, I still need to figure out how to jump back in the game. Do you remember trying to jump into the jump rope when two of your friends were swinging it round and round?


Yep, that is me, the one on the ground.😍 Oh, that hurts, Davy!

I know that I am not able to preach and sing every night yet. I know that I am not able to crank up the bus, hookup the car and drive a thousand miles yet. I have no idea when I will be able to do all of that and do it effectively. But I need to get started in some way.

So, I have thought long and hard about a plan. I have prayed about it. I have talked to Kelly Jo about it. AND I have talked to good men about it. I have asked them to punch holes in the plan or guide me in some other direction. This is the resulting plan.

As of yesterday, I have cleared our schedule for the month of March. We were beginning the month 1000 miles from home and ending the month almost 1400 miles further away from home than that. As bad as I hate to admit it, I am not able to keep those commitments.

Pastors were very understanding, as I knew they would be, but I hate to cancel anything! I hate it so bad!

Plan A is to stay close to Ohio for most of March. We will try to have some online services to see if I am able to sing and preach one night first and then hopefully multiple nights. We will also be open to singing and preaching one service on Sunday in local churches for the month of March. 

That will give us a chance to see if I am able to do that, without driving a thousand miles. IF we are able to do multiple online services AND sing and preach once each Sunday, then we can make a decision about where to go in April.

At that point, we will decide if we need to keep the rest of our scheduled meetings on the west coast or whether we will need to keep things closer to home for a while.

OR, we might consider plan B. Load up in the bus and drive south or west about a hundred miles a day toward someplace warm or pretty and build up strength there. That is not a bad plan now that I think about it.

Thank you for checking on us today. Thank you for praying for us too.

Davy







1 comment:

  1. HPC is not that far away! You know we would be glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete

Because of an enormous amount of spam all comments will require word verification and will be moderated. They may not be visible for a few minutes. We love it when you participate in the conversation. Thanks for leaving a comment!