Monday, February 15, 2021

A Short Report

 Short Report

Thankfully, Kelly Jo has stayed well so far through this whole mess. We all went to be tested for COVID antibodies last November and she was the only one that showed positive for antibodies. They were not strong, so that suggested it has been a while since she had unknowingly had COVID. 

It is entirely possible, Kelly Jo had it when we were exposed in Australia and came through it while we were quarantined for 21 days upon arrival home. I was with her every single day of that period and since then, but evidently, I did not catch it during that time.

When we arrived home from Louisiana 14 days ago, Kelly Jo moved into Odie's house with her, Odie confining herself to her bedroom and bathroom. It was not a perfect plan, since the house ventilation is obviously one unit, but it was the best we could do.

Kelly comes to the bus in the barn 8-10 times a day to help me with medicine and food. We both mask up when she is here and she only stays 3-5 minutes for less.

KJo has worked so diligently to help me and Odie. It is amazing the multiple calls and trips she has made to drive-thru pharmacies all over this area to obtain prescriptions. She has worked and called and driven and then kept everything going medicine and food-wise.

Thank God she has stayed healthy. The weather has not cooperated with her at all. We have had much snow and cold, but her breathing has done pretty well considering. She has suffered some with asthma, but thankfully she has been able to stay on top of it.

Unfortunately, Odie did not have a light case of COVID.  She has suffered quite a bit, but we are very thankful that it did not attack Odie's lungs. Praise God for that. She is over it for the most part with only a few lingering and nagging effects.

The main thing now is that she feels like she has a sunburn at times, but with no rash or discoloring. We have heard from others that endured the same thing.

The very first symptom I woke up with 16 days ago was a burning sensation in my esophagus and lungs. That was the reason we made the difficult decision to drive home. I knew that if I became sicker, I would not be able to drive home later.

We did make it home on the third day and by the fifth day, there is no way I would have been able to drive. Thank God we made it home!

My main problem has been my lungs, but for about 30-36 hours on days five and six, my temperature fluctuated like crazy. If I told you the highs and lows of my temperature, I am convinced that many of you would think I am exaggerating.

As my temperature was soaring Saturday night, Bro. John and Sis. Ann Gabbar called and prayed heaven down on my soul! It was an experience that  I will not soon forget. Hallelujah!

Over and over since then friends have called and prayed for me and I appreciate every single prayer. Hundreds of others have been praying daily and we know that God hears and answers those prayers.

By the end of day 11, a friend found an oxygen machine and that has been a tremendous help. For the five days previous, I was breathing in deeply through my nose, holding my breath for 3-4 seconds and then exhaling slowly in order to keep my blood oxygen level anywhere near acceptable.

The oxygen has been a game changer. We also keep a humidifier going too.

I have been marching in place and religiously using this to help whip my lungs into shape, but I have a long way to go.

I have also been singing for at least a few minutes every day too. The presence of the Lord has been so near me every moment. All three of us have been physically alone most of these 14 days, but God has stood near us and blessed us.

Everything that I have preached about the presence of the Lord is true! It is true! He will walk with us! He will go beside us! He will carry us!

Thank you for praying for us. Thank you for interceding for us. We are praising God for His help and we are asking for more of it.

I appreciate my parents, KJo's parents and many other family and friends that have rallied around us to help us. From moving snow,  buying food, delivering whatever we need, you all have been lifesavers. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Thank you for stopping by today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of an enormous amount of spam all comments will require word verification and will be moderated. They may not be visible for a few minutes. We love it when you participate in the conversation. Thanks for leaving a comment!